Shades of Me


I took a free mini class this week called "Shades of Me."  It was presented by the same lady who taught the Momtographie class I took in the spring.  Just like Momtographie, this class was amazing!!  We talked about colors, palettes, how to create a palette, and editing for selective coloring.

The first thing we had to do was select a color or set of colors that we can relate to.  I chose aqua colors with a splash of orange.  This was based on an ocean picture I saw with a clown fish.  I LOVE the beach and liked the splash of color the fish provided.  After choosing this palette I took some photos of where I saw these colors.  I was amazed at all the places they showed up ...
Suncatcher by D

My toenails 

Play doh

Egg Carton

On Thursday we had a webinar about editing.  The focus was selective coloring, where you make the photo black & white while leaving a certain part colored.  We used 2 free websites, picmonkey and pixlr, to do this.  Here are my resulting photo edits.




We also learned how to make a color palette from a photo.  This was a bit more complex and I'm impressed I was able to do it.  This palette shows the colors I chose to look for this week.



I enjoyed the class so much I'm registered for the full 12 week Radiate class.  This class focuses on self-care for moms and photo editing.  I definitely need some time and attention in both of these areas!  Can't wait for it to start in September.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!