Pieces of Me

I'm taking another photography class for the next 12 weeks.  It's called "Radiate" and it centers around self-care with editing as the photography focus.  

This week the focus was finding the pieces of yourself that others don't know just by looking at you.  It was about introducing ourselves to others through both pictures and words.  But not doing this focused only on what we do.  I always have trouble answering the question "What do you do?" from people I just met.  This week gave me a chance to examine this question and I found the answer is much more complex than just "stay at home with my kids."  In fact the question for me becomes, "Who are you?" not "What do you do?"  There are many pieces of me that are just laying low at the moment (National Board certified teacher, cross stitcher, dancer).  These pieces are just as important to who I am as the ones I use each day.

I really enjoyed this introspection.  It's made me realize I need to take time and find a way to bring more pieces of myself out each day ... or at least each week.

Here are the pictures I took to illustrate some of my pieces.  We learned some basic edits about color and sharpening this week.  I tried to use those to make my photos brighter and have a "pop."

My family means everything to me.
They are the biggest piece of me that makes me ME!

Edited

I'm an organizer.  I feel more peaceful and able to handle life
when things around me are organized.

Edited

I danced through school and was an instructor during and after college.
I was never great but I loved it ... especially the teaching part!

Edited

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!