Snowmen on a Snow Day

I remember when a Snow Day meant relaxing, sleeping in, and doing nothing!  Those days ended last year when D started preschool and snow days meant entertaining a child who LOVES school and cries when it's closed.  Icy weather yesterday and last night made today a snow day.  We had a playdate this morning and did our Christmas countdown activity during and after nap.

The plan had been to make snow using shaving cream.  But I forgot to buy the shaving cream.  So I frantically searched Pinterest this morning for snowman activities.  I found several that seemed easy to do.  I gave D a choice of what she wanted to do.  Here's what she chose ...

1.  Illustrate a snowman book - It made my teacher heart smile when she got so excited to do this!  I was amazed at some of the words she knew!


2.  Snowman Snow Globe - This involved paper plate, contact paper, and glitter.  For the record I despise contact paper and glitter!


Notice S peeking longingly at the glitter?!?!
3.  Snowball painting - Using cotton balls to make a picture





They're calling for nastiness again tomorrow.  Guess I'll have to scour Pinterest some more for things to do tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!