The Countdown Begins

I have SOOOO many things I hope to do during the short weeks before Christmas.  The kids, especially D, are beyond excited for the holiday.  I want to capture their enthusiasm while keeping peaceful and calm.  Good goal right??

We began our many countdowns today.  I printed out elf cards with the numbers 1-24 on them.  On the back I wrote an activity we will do during the day.  The cards are taped to the pantry door so the kids can take one down each day through Christmas Eve.  Today's card was "decorate the tree."

We have an artificial tree because a real tree makes everyone (except me) sneeze and cough during the entire Christmas season.  We also have way more ornaments than space on the tree.  This year we put unbreakable ones on the bottom because I'm pretty confident S will need many reminders not to touch.  Both kids enjoyed hanging ornaments, although S just put his on the tree and waited for them to fall down.  I promise to post a photo of the tree lit tomorrow ... for now I want to go enjoy some Christmas preparation fun with my family!!

Happy December :)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!