Intention

Last night I had a webinar for the photography class (Momtographie 2.0) I just finished.  The main focus of the webinar was our intentions for our photography journey.  What are we hoping to achieve and feel as a result of our photography?  What is our next goal or step in our photography journey?  The instructor (Beryl Ayn Young) talked about feeling like we're not enough of something and how to turn this into being enough. 

For me I feel like I'm not patient enough.  I can be quick to give up on something if I can't achieve it in a short time.  I often expect D and S to learn something quicker than is realistic for their ages.  As I continue taking pictures I sometimes feel like I'm not making progress.  I see out of focus photos, chopped off body parts, bad lighting, and blurry motion.  I want to see "perfect" photos straight out of the camera.  This desire is a combination of my impatience and high standards for myself.  

After last I night I realize that I am more patient than I thought.  I've gone from knowing nothing about photography to using complete manual mode in less than a year.  I've learned to knit since January.  I am raising to 2 happy, healthy kids who smile each and every day.  

I chose an intention for my future photos and work in photography - capturing memories of my family each day.  These photos don't need to be perfect.  They don't need to be from my big DSLR camera.  They don't need to be edited perfectly or at all.  They DO need to capture the joy we feel and fun we have everyday.  They DO need to include me (and B) with the kids.  They DO need to make me happy as I take them!  So here are the first set of photos taken with this intention in mind.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!