Mr. Green Jeans

If you know me well and been to my house, you'll know that we are surrounded by green grass and bushes.  Our house sits in the middle of hill so our backyard has green no matter where you look.  This is good for playing.  But no so good for mowing or for photographing.  I've always wondered why so many of my outside pictures look overexposed and blown out.  In my Exposure class this week I learned that green causes photos to come out too bright.

Notice the shiny, too bright skin tones?


More importantly, I learned how to compensate for this in camera!!  It's a trick called "Mr. Green Jeans."  If I'm shooting in an area that's predominately green, my yard for sure, I need to adjust my settings so the exposure is actually underexposed by 2/3!  

BAM ... Good exposure!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!