Slice of Life Week 2

How many things do you do each day or week that are just part of the day?  Things you don't think about but have to be done?  Things you can't imagine taking pictures of because they are just the stuff of the day and week?  These rituals and routines were the focus of my class this week.  

The theme was "Making the Most of What You've Got."  I was challenged to find the beauty and photo worthy moments in the daily routine.  To appreciate the things I have right now and not take them for granted.  To remember that every moment is photo-worthy.

To make the most of the photos I was given some composition tips to try out.  These were ways to change small things in the photos to add a little something to them.  I'm so glad for these tips because I felt like most of my photos were looking the same.  We also learned a bit about cropping to bring out what we want in the picture.  I have a lot of trouble cropping and feel like a lot of my crops are awkward.  This is an area I'm going to keep working on.

Enjoy a look at our routines of the week ....

 Every morning I get up before the kids (and B on the weekend) to have a cup of coffee.  This is my time alone to prepare for the day and do things on the computer.  I'm not a morning person but this routine has become something I enjoy.
Composition tip:  Focus on the details of the swirling cream and bubbles
The first photo is original and the second is cropped.

Potty training S is another daily routine right now.  I won't go into details but it's definitely a big part of our days.
Composition Tip:  Adujst your body position by getting down low
I like the uncropped photo with the bear and stool better than the cropped.

Daily reading happens throughout the day.
Composition tip:  Adjust your body position by standing on the couch and taking the photo from above

Having dinner as a family is important.  No matter how busy we've been it gives us a chance to slow down and be together.
Composition tip:  Adjust the camera by changing the area of focus

 Nightly baths and/or showers for the kids happen daily with the ragweed being so high.  Some nights are relaxed and playful.  Others (when there's been soccer or swimming) are more down to business.
Composition tip:  Focus on the big picture of the whole bathroom and how small D looks compared to the shower curtain

Composition tip:  Focus ont he details

We try to make teeth brushing as fun as possible with songs and goofy faces.
Composition tip:  Adjust your body position to a unique angle

We choose our clothes the night before.  This eliminates battles and trouble in the mornings.
Composition tip:  Move the subject
I asked B to move over a bit so all I could see was his elbow.
Uncropped

Cropped


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!