Slice of Life, Week 3

This week for my photography class we were challenged to photograph tiny treasures in our lives.  Find the little things that are important, special, or bring joy to your life.  While doing this we looked for natural light and how it played into the photos.  When was the light best?  Where was good and not so good light?  How can you use the light to make interesting shadow?  And if all else fails, how can you use a flash with as little intrusion as possible?

I'll be honest and say this was a tough week to look for natural light as most of the days were rainy and/or cloudy.  But I preserved and did find some.  I also don't know much about using the flash on my camera so that's something I will continue working on.  But I did enjoy looking for tiny treasures each day!

These are D and S's treasured bedtime buddies.  They sleep with them every night and travel with us whenever we won't be sleeping at home.  I took both of the pictures with my flash at -1 intensity and a piece of green tissue paper over the flash.  This helped diffuse the light some.

I love how D made the bears hold hands when she sat them down for me!

This is my treasured deck seat.  It's where I can sit and watch D and S play in the yard together.  I took this in the morning sun which hits the deck from above.

Tiny treasured feet!!  These are the most precious of all my treasures!
I like how the light caused reflective shadows on the floor around them.


Our kitchen window sill gets great afternoon light!  Up there sits the 3 Mother's Day gifts D has made me during her preschool years.  I can't wait to add some from S next year!


As D and I sat down to work on her homework I noticed the reflection of the scissors on the table.  I treasure the excitement that D and S possess for learning! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!