Slice of Life, Week 5

I loved (again) this week's theme and focus for "Slice of Life" class.  The theme was storytelling.  Using photos to tell a story.  But the story doesn't have to be of a big event or amazing moment.  Our most important stories, the ones we want to remember are our everyday lives.  This theme forced me to slow down and really appreciate all I have in my day and my life!  The focus was using capturing both the big picture and the details of the story.  I had to step back to capture it all and move close to find the small things.  The second part of the week was "Stop and Wait!"  Don't just start shooting, but observe for a second.  When you feel the moment coming then shoot.  I caught some great shots doing this!

When she gets home from school, D gets to have a snack and watch tv for a little while.  This is the story of the start of our afternoons.


This picture captures S's fit over not being able to have any more fishy crackers.  The rough, unhappy story of a 2 year old's evening.

S and I spend a lot of time playing together with his Rescue Center.  He has just recently started asking, "Mommy play rescue?"  I say yes as much as possible.


The kids wanted to play in the leaves, like all kids this time of year.  I watched them before I took the lens cap off the camera.  I noticed how they were jumping, throwing leaves, and enjoying being outside together.  After I waited and observed, then I stated shooting.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!