For Now

Yesterday was the last day of "Lens Mama."  Throughout the class I had to slow down to capture the moments of our everyday life.  I had to find beauty in the mess, focus on the details, get into the photos myself, and many other things.  But none of the the lessons was as meaningful to me as this last one entitled "For Now."  It reminded me that nothing, the good and the bad, is forever.  What's happening today will be different tomorrow, next week, next year.  This is something I'm trying to remember each day.  As I tuck D into bed at night I remind her that tomorrow is a new start, and I try to remind myself of the same as I go to bed.
I often find myself often rushing through the days then get to an event and wonder how my kids got so big. When did my daughter become a school-aged child? When did my son leave babyhood and become an almost preschooler? I chose to take up photography as a hobby in order to capture the memories and events of our lives. Today I was reminded of this as I really examined my day to find what I want to remember! Thanks Darrah for the reminder and his wonderful class!
Today I want to remember ...

How S says "Stop tickling (tittling) MOMMY!  Do again (gin)?!?"

The way D and S love to dot paint.  They sit together and ask each other for different colors. I also NEED to remember that the fits over cleaning up are temporary and one day will be gone! 

S's love of all things trains!

The beauty D has inside and out that she's not even aware of!  The way she tucks her legs together when she watches tv or reads on the couch.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!