Routines

I started a new photography class today called "Lens Mama" by Darrah Parker.  It focuses on capturing life and motherhood with any camera.

Today we focused on the routines of our day.  She encouraged me to slow down and really see all of the things that get done during these mundane, routine moments of the day.  Even on the days you feel you haven't done anything, look at the routines and be amazed at what you've accomplished.  I've never thought to look at the day in this way, much less photograph some of our normal routines.  But today I slowed down to really see and appreciate some of the things we do each day.

I'm amazed at how D can curl herself into this chair to watch tv as she wakes up in the morning.  I realized if I give her the time to wake up slowly she's more cooperative in getting things done.

I noticed the determination on S's face as he works to brush his teach himself.

The afternoon often calls for a cup of coffee.  Especially on dreary days like today.  The warmth seems to reenergize me for the rest of the day.

 I'm surprised at how little D looks when she's in the shower.  It reminds of the little girl she still is!

Usually the evenings (especially Monday's with swimming until 5:15) are rushed and hectic.  But I decided to slow down tonight and really notice what was going on.

When it was time to clean up the planes in S's room, instead of just doing it we flew the planes into their hangers.  We laughed as we did this and there was not fighting about cleaning up.

D has to read a book every night for Kindergarten.  Usually she doesn't want S too close but tonight I asked her to read to him.  Then I sat back and watched as she read TO him with character voices and expression.  It took a bit longer but both kids loved the time together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!