The Story of Our Mornings

It's no secret I am NOT a morning person.  Unfortunately neither are D and S.  You can imagine the kinds of mornings we have somedays ... it's not pretty!  

Recently S has insisted on trying to put on his own shoes and socks.  I know this is a step towards his independence and something he needs to learn to do.  But no matter how much I plan and start the get ready process this task TAKES FOREVER!  So most mornings I end up doing it, which results in many tears and general unhappiness as we head to the bus stop.

This morning (thanks to the lesson from Lens Mama) I decided to let S do the shoes and socks himself and take photos while doing it.  This removed me from getting involved, and therefore getting upset.  The result was shoes and socks on in record time and a HAPPY almost 3 year old heading out the door.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!