Cut It Out

Cropping photos has always been (and still is) difficult for me.  I worry about cutting off an arm in the wrong place or removing something important to the details of the event.  What I learned in yesterday's class was that there's no "right" way to crop.  Instead you need to think about your intention for the photo and decide what needs to stay or go.  Then start cropping different ways to make the most important part (or parts) of the photo most prominent.

Original

I love the twinkle in her eyes and how she has her pinky up as she drinks from the glass!

Original

I removed some of the distracting objects from the sides of the photo.  I love how you can just see D at the top of hill.  You can tell S is desperately trying to catch up to her!

Original

I love the look of determination on S's face that is more prominent in the cropped version.

Original

D was practicing fractions (on her own).  I love how she's concentrating so hard and has written 3/4 as 4/3.  (Which she did realize and correct after I took he picture!)

Original

In this I wanted to focus on D reading Cat in the Hat.  It was a simple crop to remove the unwanted items.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!