Snowmen on a Snow Day

I remember when a Snow Day meant relaxing, sleeping in, and doing nothing!  Those days ended last year when D started preschool and snow days meant entertaining a child who LOVES school and cries when it's closed.  Icy weather yesterday and last night made today a snow day.  We had a playdate this morning and did our Christmas countdown activity during and after nap.

The plan had been to make snow using shaving cream.  But I forgot to buy the shaving cream.  So I frantically searched Pinterest this morning for snowman activities.  I found several that seemed easy to do.  I gave D a choice of what she wanted to do.  Here's what she chose ...

1.  Illustrate a snowman book - It made my teacher heart smile when she got so excited to do this!  I was amazed at some of the words she knew!


2.  Snowman Snow Globe - This involved paper plate, contact paper, and glitter.  For the record I despise contact paper and glitter!


Notice S peeking longingly at the glitter?!?!
3.  Snowball painting - Using cotton balls to make a picture





They're calling for nastiness again tomorrow.  Guess I'll have to scour Pinterest some more for things to do tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5 - Manual Mode

Happy Easter

Christmas Day