This week my Momtographie class took the leap of photographing in Manual mode! I had to choose the ISO, aperture, and shutter speed to match the lighting situation I was in. We were supposed to choose and photograph a "sweet treat" just for us. It was about taking time for ourselves while leaning about manual mode without chasing kids. I had a hard time choosing something to photograph and take "me" time for. I thought about cupcakes, coffee, books, and finally chose my cross stitch. I learned to cross stitch many years ago from my mom. Since having kids it often gets put on the back burner. Most nights I'm too tired to take it out and during the day I'm too busy. This week I tried hard to make time for cross stitching. It was great!! As for Manual mode - it's tough! I have trouble remembering all of the information about proper settings and putting them together. When the picture doesn't come out right ...
We had a very Merry Christmas at our house! The kids LOVED everything about the day and Santa brought just what each one wanted. D got the ballerina she had "been longing for!" S got the Imaginext Rescue City Center. There were smiles all around by everyone. B got a bluetooth and a red sweater from the kids. I got several camera goodies (tripod, remote, macro filters) and a green shirt from the kids. Stockings were opened before breakfast. Santa knew just what D and S wanted! Joy! We headed over to B's parents' in the afternoon for sandwiches and time with them. Our big Christmas there is Saturday when everyone is here. I didn't take too many pictures because I wanted to be involved in the excitement and not just through the camera lens. Hope your Christmas was as magical as ours!
D started soccer today. She's playing on a U5 team through PWSI. She is the only girl and when asked on Wednesday what the team should be called she replied "Fairy Princesses." Unfortunately, the team decided on Sharks instead. She insists when we cheer we say "Go Fairy Princess Shark and other Sharks!" Today's game was a blast for her to play and us to watch. It was a little like herding cats as the coaches tried to get the kids to follow and kick the ball. D is used to playing just with us and had trouble realizing she could (and should) kick the ball away from somebody else. She said "It was GREAT!" and can't wait until the next practice. B and I are anxious to see how she grows as a player this season. Most importantly we want her to enjoy being a part of a team and have fun. Cleats Before the game Encouragement First Kick Goal Kick Half time snack Congratulating a teammate after his goal ...
Comments
Post a Comment