Emotions of Me

For my photo taking and class this week the focus was on emotions we are feeling.  At first I had trouble deciding what emotion to think of but ultimately decided on overwhelmed.  There are many things (and not all negative) that overwhelm me each week ...

  • Love for my family
  • All of the things I need to get done
  • Making sure everyone is happy and cared for
  • Carving out time to do something I want to do
After deciding on the emotion I had to choose how to show overwhelmed in photos.  This turned out to be even more difficult than picking the emotion.  I spent a lot of the week just looking around and trying to find overwhelmed in a way to photograph. 

Overwhelmed by D's sparkle and zest for life

Overwhelmed by things to do that are close and clear, while others are further away and blurry

Overwhelmed by things in chaos but always with beautiful little people around

Overwhelmed with LOVE
After taking the photos I learned to color tint them. We achieved this by adjusting color balance, changing the hue, and using some "special effects".  Doing this adds colors over the photos.  It makes them look "artsy" and is not something usually done for pictures to be displayed.  As this class progresses we will learn more about how to use photo tinting with other edits.  But for now I just made the photos artsy and colorful.



Tri tone edit

Picmonkey Ombre effect


Tri tone edit ... one of my favorite "artsy" edits

Picmonkey Ombre edit ... Blue is the color I identified with overwhelmed.  I love how this goes from a dark (dreary, unhappy) blue to a lighter (hopeful) blue.

Tri tone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!