Slice of Life, Week 1

I just finished week 1 of my new photography class "Slice of Life."  It's taught by Darrah Parker, a photographer I was introduced to in Momtographie.  This course focuses on taking photos of your life, without worrying about perfection!  It's about finding the beauty and details in the ordinary everyday things.  I've been struggling with finding things to photograph so this class should be a great fit for me!

This week's theme was what matters to you with a focus on our house.  Here are the photos I took (not all of them) and why they matter to me!

My morning coffee is the one part of the day where I can have some time to myself.  In a house of extroverts quiet time is a rare commodity.  But I know when I get up (at 6:00, an hour before everyone else) I'll have a few precious moments of quiet.  


This doll furniture is in D's room now.  But for many, many years it was in my own (childhood) bedroom.  For as long as I can remember my dad created some piece of furniture for me for Christmas.  Each piece has a heart someplace in it.  I always looked forward to seeing what the new creation under the tree would be!  Now D has some of it to play with in her room.  It makes me smile whenever  I see her tuck her babies in or feed them.  I remember doing the same things!


Our kitchen table is the center of many activities.  We eat there of course but also do so much more ... craft, learn to read, just sit and chat.  It's the first thing you see when you come in either the front door or the garage.  It's not fancy but most days it shows what we've been up to.  You can also see how busy we've been by how much stuff is on it at the end of the day!


S loves this patch of sunlight that comes in the side window of the tv room.  He'll sit and watch tv with his feet in the warmth.  I often look at this part of the room as we play on the floor and see the brightness.  I'm glad he's found the same warm, cozy spot I have!


This is our life at the moment ... fairies, cars, and Mickey Mouse friends! It's not neat, tidy, and organized all the time but it's ours and I wouldn't change it for anything!


Comments

  1. A great capture of a week in your life. I always got up before everybody else in our house as well. That quiet time was the most treasured part of the day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!