Week 5 - Manual Mode

This week my Momtographie class took the leap of photographing in Manual mode!  I had to choose the ISO, aperture, and shutter speed to match the lighting situation I was in.  We were supposed to choose and photograph a "sweet treat" just for us.  It was about taking time for ourselves while leaning about manual mode without chasing kids.  I had a hard time choosing something to photograph and take "me" time for.  I thought about cupcakes, coffee, books, and finally chose my cross stitch.  

I learned to cross stitch many years ago from my mom.  Since having kids it often gets put on the back burner.  Most nights I'm too tired to take it out and during the day I'm too busy.  This week I tried hard to make time for cross stitching.  It was great!!  

As for Manual mode - it's tough!  I have trouble remembering all of the information about proper settings and putting them together.  When the picture doesn't come out right I can't quickly decide what to do to fix it.  This wasn't too much of a problem this week since my cross stitch doesn't move.  But, when I try to catch the kids that's a different story.  I'm not going to give up.  I'm going to keep practicing!

Here are some of the manual pictures I took for class of the birth announcement I'm making for S.




Here are some other cross stitch pictures I've finished.  They're hanging around the house in various places.

This is a Thomas Kinkade that took me 3 years to finish.  It's ALL stitched!


Comments

  1. I too love to crosstitch. The last one I made was two years ago...my daughter's birth announcement. I agree with you that it is hard to find time in the day to do it. I'm glad you made time to crosstitch this week. Your other crosstich works are beautiful especially the Thomas Kinkade one...impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!