Let's Go Fly a Kite

"Mary Poppins" is one of the kids favorite movies right now!  They sing and dance around the house to all of the different songs.  Before going to the beach they belted out "Let's Go Fly a Kite" then D looked at me and asked when they could "do what the song says."  Of course the answer was while we were at the beach.

We took the kids to the beach one evening and pulled out the kite.  Both of them were enamored by how the kite soared above them with little effort.  D enjoyed running back and forth as she made the kite dance in the air.  S had a bit more trouble and kept letting the string spin longer and longer.  He insisted "Spencer do IT!!!" until I said I was just resting my hand (under the spool) because it was tired.

It amazes me how such a simple thing is wondrous for kids!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!