Adaptations of Me

I just finished the lesson for my photography editing class.  This week we focused on making adaptations during our photographing and editing.  

Being adaptable and flexible is important to having a peaceful family.  You have to be willing and able to change plans to meet the needs of your kids and others in your immediate family.  I am, by nature, a planner.  I feel more focused and calm when my days are planned out and I know what to expect.  D is VERY much like that also.  When things come up and days have to be changed I try to be positive about it but it can be difficult for me. With the holidays coming up a week focusing on adaptations was perfect.

The first adaptation I had to make was taking my photos without using the viewfinder or playback screen.  I could set the shot up and adjust the settings.  But then I had to shoot without looking through the camera in any way.  This resulted in some interesting shots with blurry subjects, missing parts, and strange catches.  By the end of the week I was doing better at getting what I was aiming at and I saw I could interact better with D and S when I looked at them instead of through the camera.

The second adaptation was to edit the photos in 2 minutes using PicMonkey.  Again this was a challenge because I often have to think about what needs fixing and how to fix it.  I found I used more of the artistic type edits this week because I didn't have the time to do anything else.

I enjoyed this week even though it pushed me way out of my comfort zone!  Hopefully I'll become better at being flexible and more adaptable to the situation at hand.  I know this is something I want to  do to help both myself and my family!


Out of Camera ... focus on fruit bar not S

2 Minute Edit

Out of Camera ... wrong exposure

2 Minute Edit

Out of Camera

2 Minute Edit

Out of Camera ... cut off head

2 Minute Edit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!