Week 1

My first week of the photography class I'm taking (and LOVING) ends tomorrow.  It has been a great start to what will be an awesome 6 week journey.  This week I have focused on finding (and using) good natural light, taking pictures with intention, and playing during photos.  I'll admit at times it has been overwhelming and frustrating.  I am very much a beginner at photography.  My camera stays in auto and I just figured out how to turn the flash off.  Reading of the comments and seeing some of the photos from others has been great, but at the same time made my lack of knowledge apparent.  The teacher of the class seemed to read my (and other novices) mind and reminded us that it's a journey with different end points.  It's about improving ourselves and our own ability ... not ending at the same place.  

I think the most important thing I've learned is that it doesn't take a perfect picture to capture the memory ... and for me right now catching the memories is what my photography is about.  I know some of the photos could have better light and some are blurry.  But I have the pictures to look back on!  I have also been much more intentional in taking D and S out to play in good weather and bad.  This has brightened everybody's moods and created lasting memories for all of us.

As for finding light ... I'm doing better but still get easily confused by where I should be and where the kids should be.  Not to mention having a 4 year old and 15 month stay in the right place for more than 3 seconds is impossible.  But I've realized there is a right place - something I didn't know a week ago.  Now I just need to keep working on finding it.

Here are some photos from the week - good and bad!  Enjoy :)

















   

Comments

  1. Liked the bubble pictures and outdoor photos. I thought it was easier finding light outside then inside.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!