Fun in the Mundane

I HATE changing the sheets on the beds.  There isn't a reason, it's just one chore I don't like to do!  I try to change them on Thursdays because that's laundry day around our house.  Today I remembered how I used to play under the sheets as my mom changed them.  She'd whip them up and I'd jump under them and hide.  Then she'd try to flatten out the lump I had become with tickles and gentle mashing.  I also remembered how the Abundant Mama course I'm taking reminds me to find the fun in the mundane and be playful with my kids.  So when it came time to change the sheets I invited D and S to come upstairs and "help." We had a great time hiding in the sheets, making lumps, and just laughing together.  It made the task of changing sheets much more enjoyable!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!