Don't Forget the Little Things

My photos tend to reflect the whole picture or event that I'm documenting.  I often forget to get close to the subject and capture the little details.  I guess this may reflect how I see the world and my life.  I tend to see the big picture - positive and negative parts.  But as a result, I often miss out on seeing the little details and triumphs of our lives.  

For my photography class today, I was challenged to get close to my subjects and capture the details of them.  I enjoyed this change from how I typically photograph the kids.  Hopefully I can remember to look at the details more frequently!

S holds his fork upside down whenever he uses it.  I remember D doing the same thing for a while!

S's feet look so small here.  It reminds me he's still very little, even when he tries to act like he's not.  If you look closely you can see the big toe nail looks different.  That's because he lost half of it (again) after putting a chair on it!  

D is learning to read and pointing to words she's trying to figure out.  It's her way of focusing on the particular word that's giving her trouble.  I love how her toes on intertwined in the background!

S, D, and B all stick their tongues out when they're concentrating on something.

I love how D's hair is sticking out in this picture.  She's concentrating on dressing Ginger and doesn't care that it's getting into her eyes.

I'm amazed at how big her hands look here!  It reminds me of how much she's growing up.


Comments

  1. These are so wonderful Teresa! I am like you I tend to see the big picture both positive and negative and really need to focus in on the small details. I love the little captions you add to the photos too. This is a great memory keeper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Here Come the Police!