Momtographie 2.0, Week 2

This week in Momtographie we're focusing on catching clear photos of our kids in motion.  Getting my kids in motion is not a problem at all.  But I do have trouble getting clear photos of them as they move around.  So far I've learned I need to up my shutter speed A LOT - to at least 1/1000.  To do this I need good light, which is mostly available outside.  I also need to anticipate where the kids are headed so I can focus better.  

Today D and I headed outside for a bit to play hopscotch.  I decided this was a good motion activity to try out some new things since she'd be moving but not super fast.  I set my camera to a new focus setting (AI Servo) which is supposed to keep the subject in focus even when they move.  I also used Shutter priority to allow the camera to choose the aperture based on the shutter speed I set.  I took 60 photos!  Most of them came out clear, with D in focus.  I'll definitely continuing using AI Servo when the kids are moving a lot.  I just have to remember to focus on them first in order to set the focus.

Here's some of the best photos from our games!



I love her tongue stuck out in concentration.  This is a classic trait from B and his family!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Great Country Farm

Happy Easter

Slice of Life, Week 1